Shore Base Management
When it comes to keeping your platform productive, finding qualified professionals is just the start. You need effective and efficient shore base management and logistics to stay on top of it all—so you can keep it moving with confidence.
IOS provides logistics services along the Gulf of Mexico coastal regions. We also provide logistics personnel for offshore drilling rigs and production platforms. Our personnel dispatch and monitor services for shipping equipment and moving personnel offshore. This includes communications, trucking, marine and helicopter support.
· Setting up and maintaining the shore base infrastructure
· Managing all administrative support functions for the rig operation
· Managing all regulatory aspects of the company's activities in the area
· Close communication with local venders and clients
· Contract administration and regular reporting to operational HQ
• Maintains high HES standards. Leads and participates in activities supporting HES performance commitments. Ensure rolling stock/equipment, lifting equipment, cargo baskets are inspected and certified as fit for use.
• Provide direct supervision of logistics and shore base personnel. Insure that staff is properly trained to perform specific job responsibilities.
• Supervise and maintain an accurate account of materials and equipment moving to and from manufactures, vendors and third-party storage/distribution facilities including tonnage and volumes. In some cases, coordination may require movement to and from facilities
• Monitor and forecast logistics and shore base requirements to support drilling activities, providing estimates on transport lead times for equipment and materials delivery for planning and scheduling purposes
• Primary liaison with the supply vessel company and responsible for coordinating vessel schedules with offshore drilling, conducting on-hire/off-hire process, leading monthly safety meetings with vessel crews and conducting weekly meetings between client and the base manager for the vessels.
• Responsible for oversight of client-owned materials stored at third party facilities (tubulars, wellheads, casing accessories, etc...) or maintained by the supplier. Responsible for establishing procedures, validating inventory accuracy, proper storage and controls at non-client facilities.
• Responsible for coordinating drilling services contractor personnel and material movements as required to support drilling operations. Develop procedures that align with those of client established processes and procedures.
• Ensure all lifting equipment is fit for use by coordinating and facilitating inspections with the client contractor for lifting equipment, offshore cargo carrying units (CCU) and observing safety of lifting operations.
• Liaise with client's Supply Chain and client, to ensure effective coordination of ocean and air import shipments.
• Can overseeing that all movements, including imports and exports and transfers to offshore facilities are properly manifested.
• Prepare the final well reconciliation reports.
• Serve as primary liaise with local customs clearing agency, client's Logistics and internal customers regarding logistics movements.
• Prepare commercial invoices for items to be exported from EG in accordance with client's standard processes and procedures.
• Monitor KPI's and provide all necessary reports for Logistics & Shore base activities. Prepare and maintain performance and cost reporting records of shore base operations, support vessels, all logistics suppliers and vendors
• Hire, train and develop Staff for the various functions.
• Provides expertise and advice to other team members and company personnel on contract strategies and plans for complex and non-routine situations.