Responsible for overall construction management and coordination activities associated with a major urban pipeline construction project in Southern California.
· Reviews construction plans and procedures, develops construction execution strategy, pipeline route and alternative routes.
· Reviews geotechnical activities, execution plans and risk management concerns.
· Reviews and supports permitting issues, pipeline crossing permits and Right of Way negotiations / easements / releases and FERC applications
· Hands-on experience managing pipeline construction projects in a densely populated urban environment.
· Reviews and assesses construction schedules and design concerns
· Provides pipeline constructability input and construction planning.
· Reviews and provides guidance utilization of construction equipment for the assigned project to maximize productivity and maintain schedule.
· Develops construction contingency and recovery plans as required.
· Monitors construction equipment performance and utilization.
· Provides continuous improvement input and strategy development.
· Requires knowledge of pipeline construction techniques and equipment in order to develop strategies and manage overall quality and efficient daily production of equipment and personnel.
· Develop solutions to complex problems that require a significant degree of innovation and ingenuity.
· Manages all on-site equipment functions in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the Company.
· May function as liaison between client and multiple project managers, construction personnel and contractors.
· Champion of the HSE program and responsible for safety of supervised personnel
· Ensures that personnel comply with established safety policies and procedures, and has front line responsibility for providing a safe work environment.